RESIDENTS in a home have been assessed for smoke inhalation following an overnight house fire in Parkes
(min cost $8)
Login or signup to continue reading
Emergency services were called to a home on Currajong Street at 6.02pm on Sunday following reports of a fire.
"On arrival crews in BA [breathing apparatus] entered the premise and found food had caught alight on the stove but had been extinguished by the owner," Fire and Rescue NSW Parkes firefighters said.
"There was still a lot of smoke so the house was ventilated using the PPV fan (positive pressure ventilation fan).
"Smoke alarms were installed and the gas monitor was used to ensure the house was safe to hand back to residents."
Police and ambulance crews were also called to the scene with paramedics assessing the occupants for smoke inhalation before giving them the all clear
READ ALSO: Beer taxes go up this week
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.