RONALD McDonald House in Orange is putting a call out for residents in Parkes who knit, crochet or quilt so they can replenish their depleting donation stocks.
As well as providing free accommodation, complimentary breakfasts, groceries, emergency meals and complimentary toiletries; every family who stays at Ronald McDonald House Charities in Orange is presented with a gift bag containing items for their baby, child or adolescent who is in Orange Hospital.
Due to the high volume of families staying at the house this year, they are running low on many items and are hoping communities like Parkes can assist by providing any of the following for the house.
- Burp bibs for new mums
- Baby teethers
- Beanies and booties - newborn babies - boys and girls
- Handmade toys for gifts - boys and girls - babies through to early teens (cuddle toys, various animals, bears etc)
- Handmade jumpers, vests (from babies to 8 - 10 year olds) - boys and girls
Blankets (knitted, crochet or quilted) - all sizes boys and girls
- 90cm x 75cm - baby blanket
- 60cm x 60cm - pram or car seat blanket for newborn baby - boy and girl
- 100cm x 150cm - small child to young adolescent - boy and girl
- 1600cm x 100cm - single bed size - teenager
Your generous donations will be acknowledged in the media and on social media.
Adjacent to Orange Health Service Hospital, Ronald McDonald House in Orange can accommodate eight families each night in spacious, comfortable rooms with ensuite bathrooms.
It gives seriously ill children the best gift of all - their families.
The warm and supportive home-away-from-home provides the whole family with a comfortable place to stay and peace of mind - knowing they can stay together
For more information call the executive officer Rebecca Walsh on 6363 1960 or 0418 681 352.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram