Parkes Shire Council is encouraging locals and visitors to ‘be out there’ these upcoming school holidays as part of its new spring campaign.
The campaign reflects the 2018/19 Destination Guide theme which promotes the Parkes region as a place to ‘be out there’, explore, and see first-hand what makes the Parkes region all add up as an appealing tourist destination.
Parkes Shire Council’s Brand and Marketing Manager, Katrina Dwyer said there are plenty of affordable and memorable experiences for the whole family to enjoy these school holidays.
“With the generous support of our local tourism operators, we have also compiled a fantastic list of special offers to entice people to discover why it all adds up in Parkes to keep the kids entertained over the school holiday period,” Katrina said.
Visitors are encouraged to take advantage of the list of special offers and activities that can be accessed via the Visit Parkes website.
- Be amazed by space and science with free astronomy talks at the Dish.
- Be active at the Parkes Skate Park with the Bluntside Skatepark Competition Series.
- Be entertained at one the Parkes Shire Library’s school holiday workshops.
- Be cool and enjoy free entry at the Parkes Shire public swimming pools.
- Be inspired by classic car displays at the Central West Car Show and Shine
- Be fulfilled at the Parkes Upmarkets with a great range of local produce, food and gifts.
The campaign will be promoted via traditional media including print, television and road signage along with a number of public relations activities including event activations, consumers shows and a robust digital strategy including online advertising, electronic direct mail and social media. T
he school holiday campaign will run until the mid October targeting families and self-drive touring market within a five hour driving radius.
Once the school holidays come to an end, the messaging will then be directed at a broader audience, showcasing the region as the perfect place to visit over summer.