Parkes man, 21, too drunk to remember crashing through fence into pole

A 21-year-old Parkes man will face Parkes Local Court on a drink driving charge after being found passed out in his vehicle on Saturday morning. 

NSW Ambulance paramedics called police to the corner of Hooley and Gladstone Streets at 6.30am where an unconscious male was in the drivers seat of a silver Honda.

Police managed to wake the man and he admitted to driving to the location. 

He failed a roadside breath test, was arrested and taken to Parkes Police Station for a breath analysis which returned a blood alcohol reading of 0.135.

The man was charged with mid range PCA and his licence was suspended. 

Later the same day a member of the public reported a motor vehicle accident to Parkes Police. 

It is alleged the driver of a vehicle failed to negotiate a right hand bend at the east end of Woodward Street, drove through a fence and hit a power pole. 

The owner of the property located a black inner wheel guard from a Honda in the paddock and a registration plate in the fence. 

The registration plate matched that of the 21-year-old’s car. 

When police asked him about the matter he said he couldn’t remember – he was too drunk. 

He was also charged with failing to exchange particulars. 

. . . . . 

Police were called to reports of a ruckus outside a hotel in Clarinda Street on Saturday night. 

Three males entered the hotel and after a short period of time were asked by staff to leave.

Police were called at 7.20pm when the men refused to go. 

When police arrived they were able to identify the three males, one of who had a bloodied nose.

CCTV footage will be viewed and statements taken in relation to the alleged assault.

Infringement notices will be issued for offensive behaviour and failing to quit

. . . . .

Police will view CCTV footage in an attempt to identify the person who maliciously damaged a door at McDonald’s on Sunday morning. 

Staff witnessed a young man, described as wearing a hooded jumper and cap, walk to the front door and ask to be let in at 3.10am. 

He then headbutted the glass door causing it to crack, before leaving the scene.  

The damage is estimated at $500.

. . . . . 

A 68-year-old Parkes man was caught breaking a number of laws in the early hours of Tuesday, July 3. 

Police stopped the driver of a Holden Commodore sedan at 3.30am in Callaghan Street. 

When police asked the driver for his licence he admitted to it being suspended. 

Checks revealed his licence was disqualified until July 27 and the registration of the car had expired in February. 

He will face Parkes Local Court on drive while disqualified (second offence) and drive unregistered, uninsured motor vehicle charges. 

. . . . .  

Police have received a report of a driver backing into another vehicle and leaving the scene on Friday afternoon. 

A man described as being in his 60s allegedly backed his white utility into a black Mazda sedan in Browne Street at 5pm and left without exchanging particulars.