The first Telescope Tyres & Batteries / Hankook Masters Monthly Medal for 2022 was contested on Saturday with our daily sponsor being Ron Dunford Pharmacy - many thanks to the team at Dunford's for their ongoing support.
We had 58 players tee it up and given the festive season was still in full swing - plus it was a tad warm - that wasn't a bad turnout.
In A-grade, Ben Howard took the opportunity to sneak a win in early in the season.
His 81 off the stick was enough to get him home in the A grade scratch albeit on a countback from Rob Hey.
In the nett event, it was Wayne Powter with a nett 70 that won the day beating home Ben Howard with his 71.
In B-grade, Kieran Deland scorched the field with his 78 off the stick returning a nett 64 on the day to secure both B grade trophies.
Kieran's 78 was the only score under 80 on the day so he was really hitting it well.
READ MORE SPORTS STORIES:
Cameron Standen was three back in the nett and four back in the scratch to finish B-grade runner-up to Kieran.
In the C-grade, Kieran's playing partner Aaron Huppatz was also having a good day out.
He took out both the scratch with an 86 and the nett with a tidy 67.
Rob Lea chased Aaron home in the scratch with an 88, and Brian Hogan Snr fired a 68 nett to be 1 stroke back.
In the Wally Norman Medal, Brian Hogan Snr with that tidy 68 snared the January trophy.
In the Griffins Leading Edge Putting competition, Brian Hogan Snr filled his boots again with 27 putts winning on the day.
Nearest The Pins
- Idlerite Tyrepower 1st Rob Lea at 157cm
- Griffins Leading Edge 4th by Gordon Pritchard at 72cm
- Dirt Doctor Landscaping 6th by Alec Edwards at 224cm
- Parkes Ready Mixed Concrete 9th by Sam Standen at 700cm
- Harvey Norman 11th by John Green at 131cm
- Westlime 15th by Alec Edwards at 297cm
- Central West Glass 18th by Aaron Huppatz at 174cm
So that meant that Alec Edwards at 224cm won the lucrative 6th hole on Saturday.
- Cameron Standen 67
- Mick Jeffress and Rob Lea 69
- Peter Bristol and John O'Shannessy 71
- Finne Latu, Troy Thomson, John Fowler, Mick Dellaca and Ron Hetherington 72
Next week is the BWR Accountants and Advisors, 18 hole Stableford - the first round of the summer competition.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram