Western NSW Local Health District (WNSWLHD) are returning with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) to deliver another pop-up vaccination clinic at Northparkes Oval in Parkes.
The clinic will return on Tuesday, October 26 from 5 - 8pm (to cater for those working, and children) and will then run from 10am - 3pm on Wednesday, October 27.
Who can receive a vaccine at this clinic?
- No bookings needed for first doses.
- Pfizer vaccine will be available at this clinic for those aged 12 years and over.
- Anyone aged 12 -15 must be accompanied by their parent, guardian or nominated carer.
- We encourage students to take up this opportunity ahead of the return to face-to-face learning
People must not attending the clinic if they:
- Are waiting on a COVID-19 test result (unless this was a surveillance test only and the person is not unwell)
- Are a confirmed close contact of a confirmed positive COVID-19 case
- Are unwell. Anyone with COVID symptoms should get tested and isolate until they receive a negative test result
- Have had any other vaccination (including flu) in the previous seven days
Second doses of AstraZeneca and Pfizer will be given by appointment/invitation only.
People who received their first doses at the previous Parkes ADF walk-in clinics will be contacted by text or telephone to confirm the location of the clinic, and the date and time, to attend for their second dose appointment.
If those people are unable to attend, they will need to get their second dose at an alternative provider.
Those attending will need to bring a form of identification and, where able, their Medicare card.
The queue may be long, so WNSWLHD encourage people to come prepared with food, drink, perhaps a portable chair, a hat and sunscreen.
Second dose clinics will be scheduled.
If people have mobility/accessibility difficulties & can't get to a clinic, they can phone 1800 684 523 and leave a message with their name, contact number and the town the clinic is in.
One of the friendly team at WNSWLHD will get in contact with them.
For further Covid-19 Vaccination information please visit: https://wnswlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/covid-19-information/covid-19-vaccination
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram