A PARKES resident has had a very lucky escape overnight after a fire ignited in their home while they were sleeping.
(min cost $8)
Login or signup to continue reading
Emergency services received a triple-0 call at 5.09am on Friday to a unit on Close Street following reports of a fire.
"On arrival, crews found a unit filled with smoke," Parkes Fire and Rescue NSW crews said.
"Crews entered in breathing apparatus and removed the resident who was still asleep at the time.
"The smoke was the result of burned food stuffs that was left unattended."
The resident suffered no injuries or smoke inhalation.
Firefighters then used a positive pressure ventilation fan to help clear the smoke from the unit.
Parkes firefighters said working smoke alarms save lives.
"Be sure to check your alarms regularly," they said.
READ ALSO: Seaweed venture to cut cattle methane
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.