The trial of alleged Australian pedophile Garry Mulroy has ended after the defence and the accused were asked by a bench of three judges to present their final arguments in written statements, his lawyer says.
The bench said a final verdict would be announced within a month.
"The question remains, will these three judges stand up to the police? These three judges have to say the police were wrong," Mulroy's lawyer So Mosseny told AAP on Thursday.
He said written submissions were unusual but would aid Mulroy - who arrived at court in a prison orange jump suit - by enabling him to articulate the events leading up to his incarceration.
Bail has been denied and he faces 15 years behind bars if found guilty.
Mulroy's defence was bolstered on Wednesday when Action Pour Les Enfants (APLE) withdrew legal representation despite accusing the former Australian Catholic teacher of bringing boys, aged 11 to 14, to his home where he allegedly abused them in November 2018.
So Mosseny said the prosecution still stands despite APLE withdrawing legal representation.
The court had heard arguments over the differences between outsiders sponsoring Mulroy's NGO, which had been construed as evidence of payment for sex.
So Mosseny said all six boys were in court. Only one had testified against Mulroy but in court on Thursday he admitted to making false allegations against the Australian under police duress.
A report, commissioned by the defence, says Mulroy's attempts to establish a school Education House after a falling-out with his former employees had led to petty rivalries among foreign-run NGOS in northwest Siem Reap.
"I can honestly say these boys were never abused by the accused. The boys honesty and demeanour showed no attitude that they were ever mistreated or abused sexually in anyway," one witness in the report, whose name has not been released, said.
Written by by Ross Milosevic, a Gold Coast-based risk management consultant, the report found the charges were a bid by police, NGOs, judiciary and government officials to extort money and that police interviews with the boys were not conducted with any adult supervision.
They were also made "under extreme duress, intimidation and extortion" to secure charges against Mulroy. Copies of the report have been sent to Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and his Foreign Minister Marise Payne, among others.
"These interviews were a clear violation of Cambodian and standard police procedures," Milosevic said previously, adding his report included allegations that innocent Cambodians were "being targeted and arrested on fake set-up child sexual assault charges".
Australian Associated Press