THREE coronavirus cases have been confirmed in the Dubbo electorate, bringing the total number in the region to 15.
The three new cases were confirmed by Dubbo electorate MP Dugald Saunders on Tuesday afternoon who said NSW Health was working with those people and anyone who may have been in contact with these people to try and minimise the spread of the virus.
Mr Saunders said there will be no breakdown of the towns that these people are in for a very specific reason - privacy and safety.
"Given people's behaviour over things like toilet paper, it poses a very significant risk to people who have been diagnosed," he said.
Mr Saunders said in other parts of NSW people with the virus had been threatened by members of the public.
"There are too many whispers going on where people are grabbing a piece of wrong information and spreading it," he said.
A Western NSW Local Health District spokeswoman explained that anyone who had come into contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case will be contacted.
Mr Saunders also confirmed that a passenger on board Qantas flight QF2046 from Sydney to Dubbo on March 20 had returned a positive test to COVID-19.
"I understand that this will scare people. This crisis is growing by the day and the response needs to be fluid," he said.
"I understand this is a reality check for some people, but this thing [virus] has no borders."
Mr Saunders urged people not to panic or "vilify anyone who may have the virus".
"We do need to be vigilant when it comes to the measures announced this week, and any further measures that may be announced in the future, and take the virus seriously," he said.
"Using the common sense measures that have been spoken about, such as washing hands, practising social distancing and the like, will help us help each other.
"We will get through this but we need everyone working together and responding to the information provided."
The Dubbo electorate covers the townships of Dubbo, Narromine, Wellington and Mudgee.