The annual Women's Classic Triples was held over last weekend of August 24-25 and was held in exceptional weather.
Teams came from as far afield as ACT, Mudgee, West Wyalong, Junee, Lake Cargelligo and our own Central Western District and enjoyed very competitive bowls, fun and friendship.
Winners were Kim Evans, Jan Waugh and Pat Cooney. Second Penny Kessey's team from Dubbo, third Sharon Steele's team ACT, fourth Liz Byrne's team Parkes.
This week twelve players had a happy morning playing bowls in the sunshine on Tuesday, playing three bowls Pairs.
Nominations for Club Championship Fours are open and close 12pm September 3 come on girls get into a team, great experience.
Team names are on the board for the Jones Challenge on September 11 and the Jess Knight on October 2.
Please bring in your 'beverages' and put in our raffle box for our Taber Shield Raffle which is on Thursday, September 19.
To play social bowls please ring Table Selectors between 9am and 9.30am on 6862 1446.
New bowlers and visitors always welcome to play. Social roster Brenda Davies.
Hello Bowlers, we have a champion for 2019 and that is Graham Flippy Fliedner who won on Saturday against our last years champion Geoff Leonard 31/18.
It was close early on but in the second half of the game Flippy came home too strong and won the game.
On the same day we had two fours games with Wally Grants team too strong for last years winners Peter Creith's team winning 27-6.
Luke Ramsays team also winning over Juicy Daleys team 22-11.
On the social side of things 18 bowlers turned up for the winners Steve Turner, Chris Dunn and Lisa Johnston Winning 13+6.
Runners up Paul Keogh, Brad Parker and Allan Affleck W13+4.
Wednesday, August 28 there were 20 players arrived for a beautiful day to play.
Five games of pairs ensured with Col Boehm, Paul Lewin winning 19+18.
Runners up Wally Grant ,Dawn Parker W18 +18. Margins were 7,7,13,18, and18.
Marble seven came out so eight bowlers shared the prize of $15 each.
Next weeks jackpot will be $70.
On Saturday we have east versus west so get your names in for an enjoyable afternoon of bowls.
Friday night is our usual night with happy two hours and raffles with members draw and the joker draw.
So the place to be is at the Railway for a great time .
On August 18 we held a very successful all day event at the Parkes Leagues Club. Seventeen teams from around the central west attended.
The Muriel Waddell memorial trophy was won by a Dubbo / Narromine team.
On Thursday, August 22 the north south winners were Louise Payne and Peter Quin 61.61 per cent.
Second were Rosemary Morrie and Beryl Twardy 56.55 followed by Val Boyd and Barbara Magill 52.68.
For east west the place getters were Kevin Robinson and Ingrid Stephenson 57.74, Margaret Hawken and John Quin 56.55 and Anne Berkeley and Jenny Freeman 52.38.
Keith Fiedler and Gary Somers came equal first with Beryl Twardy and Rosemary Morris all on 53 per cent.
Third were Jennifer Calvert and Dawn Phipps with 52 per cent.
Keith Fiedler was again at the top on Tuesday when he teamed with Isabel Orange to score 66 per cent.
Second place went to Jan and Jenny Freeman 56 and third were Margaret Hawken and Laurie Keane 55 per cent.
Draw Saturday, August 31
- 12pm L2 Bears versus Goannas
- 12pm L3 Tigers versus Leopards
- 12pm L4 Wombats versus Kangaroos
- 12pm L5 Lions versus Sharks
- BYE Pythons
- 12pm G5A Eagles versus Hawks
- 12pm G5B Budgies versus Chooks
- 1pm G5A Emus versus Falcons
- 1pm G5B Kookaburras versus Magpies
- 12pm G3 Mariners versus Jets
- 12pm G4 Roar versus City
- 1pm G3 United versus Wanderers
- 12pm G6A Olympic versus Knights (N.Hessel, E.Hoswell, I.Bishop)
- 1.20pm G6A Glory versus Victory (E.Hoswell, N.Hessell, J.Fredericks)
- 12pm G1 Rovers versus Wolves (l.Kronenberg, A.Kronenberg, S.Bateson)
- 12pm G2 Rangers versus Stallions (B.Coultas, D.Parker, B.Hutchings)
- 1.20pm G1 PHFC versus PRBC Roo's (D.Parker, B.Hutchings, B.Coultas)
- 3pm G1 PLC Raptors versus Darling Irrigation (B.Hutchings, D.Parker, A.Kronenberg)
- 3pm G2 Cambridge Coyotes versus Switchserve Raptor (S.Bateson, I.Bishop, B.Coultas)
- BYE Star Hotel Cougars
- 12noon-12.30pm Tigers under 6s, Goannas under 6s, Jets under 10s, United under 10s. 12.30pm-1pm Kookaburras under 8s, Hawks under 8s, Mariners under 10s, Wanderers under 10s. 1pm-1.30pmGlory under 12s, Victory under 12s, Falcons under 8s, Magpies under 8s. 1.30pm-2.30pm Open ladies team to be notified.
Parkes SSAA Smallbore
Last weekend we saw six shooters attend the Deep Lead shooting complex.
They shot at fox targets at both 25 and 50 meters for a maximum of 530.53.
This match was shot under near perfect weather conditions with only a south western breeze blowing.
- Brian Drabsch 280.27, 250.24, 530.51
- John Davis 280.25, 250.21, 530.46
- Steve Mitchell 280.25, 250.14, 530.39
- John Smeaton 278.15, 250.19, 528.37
- Jeff Charlton 279.26, 245.11, 514, 37
Davide Wilson 250.26 for 25 meters only and then he shot another target for practice for an upcoming competition away.
The future given after the decimal point was the number of central bullseyes shot.
Our next shoot is Sunday, September 1 and will be ordinary targets at both ranges.
On Saturday, September 7 at 9am we will be holding a working bee with the Parkes Pistol Club to clean up both rangers and other work that needs to be carried out, please help if you can on the day.