Organisers of the first Australia's Biggest Bogan Festival have deemed the unique gathering as a success.
Dane Millerd and his team couldn't be happier with the crowd turnout, festival-goers' behaviour and the support from the towns and businesses involved.
Mullets, flaneys, shoeys, Dazza's and Shazza's were out in full force on July 12 and 13 when the towns of Parkes, Condobolin and Forbes hosted Australia's Biggest Bogan Festival.
There were many prizes, activities, competitions and entertainment held across pubs in each of the towns on the Friday night.
This was the first time that the Australia's Biggest Bogan Festival was held, with Bogan Gate and its Railway Hotel acting as "Bogan HQ" on the main day of the event, Saturday.
Canberra's Ryan Leigh 'Bogan' Edwards was crowned the nation's biggest bogan and he also won best mullet.
CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS FROM THE FESTIVAL: Australia's Biggest Bogan Festival at Bogan Gate
Dane was pleased to see about 500 people attend the festival over the two days.
"The event has been an outstanding success and we can't wait to see everyone next year," Dane said.
"Ryan has autism and had never left Canberra before so it is ironic given we are raising funds for Currajong Disability Services that he won.
"He was a well-deserved and unanimous winner."
A percentage of the event's proceeds will help raise funds for Currajong Disability Services, located in Parkes, as well as the Bogan Gate community.
A "Bogan Mobile" was up for auction on Saturday, with Debbie Martin buying the vehicle for $520, which will also go to Currajong Disability Services.
And Lara Tulaga and Nigel Constable auctioned a Bogan Gate Beef Jerky hoodie for $200, to go to the same community service, as will a minimum of $250 kindly donated from each of the venues - Cambridge Hotel in Parkes, Post Office Hotel in Forbes, Railway Hotel Bogan Gate, Condobolin Hotel and Forbes Services Club.
Dane thanked all of the sponsors and volunteers for their support.
"[There were] zero fights...and only two people were asked to leave," Dane said.
"The police said it was a well-run and fantastic event especially given the stigma with the word 'bogan' and they recognised it was for a good cause."
The following is the list of the inaugural winners:
- Bunsters Hot Sauce and Blue Sky Australia's Biggest Bogan - Ryan Leigh "Bogan" Edwards from Canberra.
- Buttabeef and Central Butchery Sausage Sandwich Eating Champion - Martin Carney (he ate 25 sausage sandwiches).
- Adam Molloy Carpentry Best Dad Bod - Tim Acheson.
- Bogan Gate Beef Jerky and Food Fix Worst Tatt - Jo Maloney.
- Johnson's Bakery "Show Us Your Buns!" Shortest Stubbie Shorts - Benjamin Parslow.
- Byrnes Clothing Biggest Dazza - David Gloomper aka Poita.
- Byrne Clothing Biggest Shazza - Carolyn Harrison.
- JJ Electrical Best Mullet - Ryan Leigh "Bogan" Edwards.
- Steele Tech Worst Smile - Sharon "Shazza" Piggott.
- Publicans Challenge Euchre - Forster and Coral Downey.
- Publicans Challenge Darts - Brent Poidevin.
- Publicans Challenge Kelly Pool - Mitch Braybon.
- Coffe Fix by Larz Wife Calling - Brent Poidevin.
- Acheson's Husband Calling - Sharon "Shazza" Piggott.
- Darren Cowan Mobile Welding Air Guitar Champs - Naomi Clarke.
- Bunsters Bogans n Beers Hot Chip Challenge - David Fishy Taylor.
- Vantage NSW Khe Sahn Karaoke winner was Bec Price.
- Parkes Landscape Aussie Bronze Drop winner was Murray 'Big Red' Dunn
ALSO MAKING NEWS: