The school holidays are upon us and the tennis committee are enjoying a short break before getting back into a busy term three ahead.
The junior competition finished last Tuesday and great to see the clubhouse full of families enjoying the barbeque and presentations.
The results from term two were as follows-
- Yellow Division- Winners Ethan Hunt and Mitchell Unger, runners-up- Lachlan Unger and Marcus Moss
- Green East Division- Winners- Lucy Hall and Poppy Fisher, runners-up- Oliver Westcott and Jacques vanWyk
- Green West Division- Winners- Kelsey Mann and Tarlei Glastonbury, runners-up- Jack Greenland and Mitchell Wirth
- Orange Division- Winners- Declan Quade and Addie Summerhayes, runners-up Sienna Hunt and Charlotte Wilson.
- Red Division- Winner- Daisy Rice, runner-up- Anna Orr
Great to see Rem and Michael back to comp tennis after a hiatusThe Ace
Great Effort and Sportsmanship Recipients- Sam Rivett, Heath Mulligan, Lachlan Orr, Milli Mackay, Josie Watson.
Entries close for the term three competition July 20 online only- www.parkestennis.com.au
Last Tuesday night the players in contention had a real crack in the final round but it was Racqueteers Team of Rem Henry, Hayden Williams and Michael Somers who prevailed and actually went through the competition undefeated.
Great to see Rem and Michael back to comp tennis after a hiatus and relative newcomer Hayden really enjoyed his competitive matches each week. The next competition will commence October 15.
HOTSHOTS and SQUADS
All junior tennis has wound up for the term and the coaching team are having a break. They are excited to have had a great term of tennis throughout all of the HotShots groups, Squads and the Private lessons.
Online registrations for term three will close July 13 and commence on July 22. Visit www.parkestennis.com.au/helen-magills-tennis/registration-forms/.
HOLIDAY COURT HIRE
Parkes tennis were hoping to have our online court booking system up and running long before these holidays but unfortunately there have been some delays which were out of the committees control.
Hopefully works will start very soon and everyone can take full advantage of the courts being accessible when it is convenient for everyone to play.