Peak Hill will once again be hosting a regional final of the Australian National Busking Championships, taking place this Saturday.
The Peak Hill Business and Tourism Association successfully secured the NSW regional final for a second year running.
Approximately 30 buskers will take part in six sections in Saturday’s final along Caswell Street from 9am to 4pm.
Prize money ranges from $1000 to $50.
Winners will be announced and have the opportunity to perform between 5pm and 7pm that afternoon at the Peak Hill Ex-Services Club.
The winners from the regional events will go on to compete in the national grand final in Cooma in November.
The regional event ran in Peak Hill for the first time last year, and the association hopes it will become an annual event.
Parkes girl Hannah Dun took out the primary section of the Peak Hill finals last September and was named runner-up in her age group at the grand final in Cooma in November.
Loic Monfret from Parkes also placed fourth in his category in Cooma last year.
The Australian National Busking Championships is now in its seventh year.
For the first four years, the Australian National Busking Championships was held exclusively in Cooma, NSW.
- 2019 Parkes Elvis Festival launch leaves us All Shook Up | Photos, video
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Duke and Duchess of Sussex, to visit Dubbo
- Construction for Inland Rail one step closer as Parkes to Narromine approval obtained
- Free dental for farmers at Baker Dental, Parkes
- 80th anniversary of Parkes' Coles Variety Store