Police have concerns for the well-being of a man after a fire at a home in Parkes overnight resulted in another person suffering serious burns.
Police from Central West Police District, NSW Ambulance paramedics and Fire & Rescue NSW were called to the home in Miller Street, Parkes, about 6.30pm on Monday, after a 21-year-old man sustained burns to 20 percent of his body.
The man was treated at Parkes Hospital before being airlifted to Royal North Shore Hospital Intensive Care Unit suffering burns to both legs and his right arm.
He is reported to be in a serious but stable condition.
Police investigating the incident have concerns for the well-being of a second man believed to have been at the home at the time the fire occurred.
The 28-year-old man was believed to have left the scene before emergency services arrived.
Police are now keen to find the man to ensure he was not also injured, and to establish the circumstances of how the fire occurred.
A container of petrol has been seized from the scene for forensic examination.
It’s believed the men may have been smoking at the time the fire broke out.
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to contact Parkes Police or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Police are urging anyone with information in relation to this incident to call Parkes Police on 6862 9999 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.