A Parkes couple received a shock early yesterday morning when the car they were travelling in caught on fire and was completely destroyed.
Police and Fire Brigade personnel were called to attend the fire shortly after 12-midnight at a location on the Cookamidgera Road, five kilometres east of the Eugowra Road intersection.
The male driver and his female passenger informed police they were travelling along the road when they started to smell burning in the cabin.
They stopped the vehicle and then noticed flames and smoke coming from the engine bay.
Flames had then totally engulfed the vehicle - a Nissan Tiida.
Police report that there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the fire.
A wooden chair was stolen from a verandah of a home in Currajong Street.
The theft occurred overnight Monday.