There are still a lot of roads closed or traffic conditions changed around the Parkes Shire due to the wet weather.
Here’s an update from Parkes Shire Council.
Please note the load limit for all unsealed roads in the Parkes Shire has been implemented and will be reviewed at 10am Monday, 26 September 2016.
Parkes Shire Council wishes to advise that the following changed traffic conditions and roads closures are in place in Parkes Shire (updated 10.30am Thursday, 22 September).
- Narromine to Tullamore Road (MR354) - closed due to extensive road damage
- Bogan Gate to Trundle - (MR350) - damage to road infrastructure - proceed with caution
- Bogan Way (MR350s) - open - proceed with caution
- Peak Hill - Tullamore (MR348) - closed - detour in place via Kittos Bridge
- Eugowra Road (U980) - detour in place via Military Road & Henry Parkes Way (Orange), Parkes
- Henry Parkes Way (Orange Road) (MR61E) - water over the road - proceed with caution
- Adavale Lane (SR104) - closed
- Back Yamma Road (SR2) - closed
- Baldry Road (SR234) - closed
- Ben Hall Road (SR71) - closed
- Brolgan Rd (SR40) - closed
- Bruie Plains Road (SR1158) - closed
- Bulgandramine Road (SR1162) - closed
- Coobang (SR27) - closed
- Coopers Road (SR49) - closed
- Coradgery Road (SR136) - closed
- Halls Road - closed
- Gobondery Road (SR168) - Open
- Kadina Road (SR35)
- Kamandra Lane (SR17) - closed
- Middle Trundle Road (SR83)
- Mickibri Road (SR97) - closed
- Mingerong Road (SR129) - closed
- Olieview (SR26) - closed
- Parkes to Cookamidgera Road (SR1B) - closed
- Railway Parade - Cookamidgera - closed
- Taweni Road & Railway Parade (SR82A) - Peak Hill - closed
- Terrill Road (SR19-21) - closed
- Warregal Road (SR42) - closed
- Welcome Road (SR8) - closed
- Newell Highway - live updates on https://www.livetraffic.com/desktop.html (link is external) or call 132 701 for information.
Council regrets the inconvenience caused however, the safety of the community and the preservation of the road asset is of prime importance.
Motorists are asked to use extreme caution when travelling in the wet weather.
Please avoid walking or driving through flood waters, it may be deeper and faster flowing than anticipated. T
he road may have suffered extensive damage hidden beneath the water.
Drivers are encouraged to minimise travel on unsealed roads as conditions on many roads change quickly with local flash flooding, creeks flooding, washouts and soft road surfaces.
For road closure or hazard information on State Roads (Highways) please go to https://www.livetraffic.com/desktop.html.